Reiki: Universal Life Force or Spiritually Guided Life Force Energy
Reiki (pronounced: Ray’ key) is a holistic, healing practice for ourselves and others. When sharing Reiki with another, the placement of hands are on or above areas of the fully clothed body. A consistent Reiki practice provides a meditative connection that balances our physical, emotional and spiritual life experiences; the innate healing response which is accessible to everyone.
The National Institutes of Health has classified Reiki as a form of energy medicine. There are no known contraindications connected with Reiki, and it does not interfere with any medical procedures or drug treatment that may be prescribed by a physician.
The hand placements for a Reiki treatment are non-invasive and easy to learn. Reiki can be useful for:
- Stress relief
- First aid
- Reduction or elimination of chronic pain such as migraines or back pain
- Preparation for surgery, chemotherapy or radiation
- Treatment of illnesses like cancer
- Peaceful support at both the beginning and the end of life
- A deepening of personal and spiritual growth
Increasingly, Reiki is being offered in hospitals and clinical environments, yet it is just as effective in casual settings such as your home.